Accounts Payable Administrator
We are looking for an energetic self-starter to join the accounting team. This position in Accounts Payable specializes in the payables for our property management and project development teams. A detailed-oriented team member who is adaptable is required. Computer skills are a must and knowledge of Timberline and/or Yardi Voyager is an asset as well as experience using Excel and Word. This is a fast paced environment and the individual must be able to handle multiple projects and work towards deadlines with a strong sense of urgency when needed. The ability to prioritize and work well under pressure is paramount.
The following is an outline but not exhaustive list of responsibilities:
- Liaison with the property management and project development teams, and handling vendor inquiries
- Verifying accuracy of invoices, obtaining approval and coding of invoices, entering invoices into Timberline and/or Yardi Voyager
- Printing cheques, obtain bank drafts, certified cheques and process wire transfer payment
- Assisting accountant, property management and project development teams with ad-hoc requests
- Coordinating and recording bank deposits
- Matching of invoices to contracts, commitments and purchase orders
- Able to process invoices in a multi-currency environment
- Reconcile progress billing invoices to contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Keeping Insurance certificates up-to-date
- General administration duties
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience and responsibility with a comfortable understanding of the accounts payable process. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.