Center Administrator, Oakridge Vancouver
Westbank is a practice dedicated to the creation of beauty, in all forms and in the broadest definition. As we have grown, the category of a real estate developer has become too narrow to contain the essence of our practice. We are not motivated by the same things as a typical developer, our values are different: we invite collaborations with cultural pioneers, allowing their work to inform and influence our projects. We develop relationships with creatives so that we function as patrons of their art, rather than consumers of creative services. We embrace our eclectic nature, seeking out willing collaborators in art, culture, music, fashion, technology, sustainability, and architecture, while taking on projects at every scale, from the micro to the macro level.
We are and have always been, a practice seeking to make meaningful contributions and we see the creation of beauty as the means to this end. Through these endeavors, we have come to realize that too often, beauty is mistaken as a luxury, an option or an accessory, when we have never seen it as anything less than essential. Recognizing this, we have taken it upon ourselves to fight for it; to create it, to foster it and to celebrate it. In committing our efforts fully to this cause, we have evolved beyond the definition of a real estate development firm, to become a culture company.
Overview of Opportunity
We are seeking a bright, self motivated team player who is considerate, articulate and demonstrates a sharp mind for organization and problem solving, and the natural inclination to proactively engage in every facet of the overall experience and beyond. Every role at Westbank carries an expectation of ownership and involvement--a genuine care and attention to detail to uphold high brand standards, a natural intuition for seeking solutions and ideas, and the belief that your contributions here will form your life’s best work.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the reception area for the Center; escort guests to the appropriate person and office
- Exhibit a professional hospitality demeanor and willingness to assist guests whenever requested
- Ability to proactively address potential issues and to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced environment, showing initiative and creativity
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure office, meeting areas and kitchen areas are professional, tidy and presentable
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Perform proper execution of opening and closing procedures, office equipment, AV equipment, and inventory maintenance
- Schedule, gate-keep, and coordinate appointments and meeting requests
- Respond to office queries and ad hoc requests, errands
- Assist the sales team with basic sales administration tasks such as deposit collections, documentation and receipts, spreadsheets, data entry, file maintenance, tours, sales contracts and general admin duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements
- Has strong initiative and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents
- Resourceful, proactive, organized and attention to detail
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Proven dedication and relentless perseverance
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication (verbal/written) skills, social skills, cheerful, enthusiastic personality
- Proficient time management and organizational skills; proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads
- Flexibility of work hours may be required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Mandarin and/Cantonese is an asset
About Oakridge Vancouver
Influential, innovative and progressive, Oakridge Vancouver will serve as a global example for world-class architecture, design, transit-oriented transportation and mixed-use urban development.
A top-performing asset in a global city, QuadReal and Westbank share an ambition to transform this already successful centre (Oakridge Centre) into a cultural hub and a new municipal town centre for the City of Vancouver.
Oakridge Vancouver will comprise 2600 homes for 6000 residents, half a million sf of office for 3000 creative economy workers, over a million sf of retail, including a 50,000 sf ‘Kitchen’ within a 100,000 sf of curated culinary experiences, a 10-acre park, a +3000 capacity music venue, a world-class performing arts academy and dozens of informal performance spaces around the site for events, festivals, and celebrations – all powered by a neighbourhood district energy system.
Our journey to create what will become nothing less than the evolution of the conventional post-war typology, towards a modern, transit-oriented, district energy fueled, mixed-use piece of urbanity is beginning now. We invite you to join us.
The redevelopment of Oakridge is a joint venture between QuadReal and Westbank, two of Canada’s leading real estate enterprises.