Development Manager (Toronto, ON)
We have an exciting opening for an energetic, motivated team player to join our practice and continue their career within our Toronto office. The position will be work with our Development team under the direction of our Director of Development for our Toronto portfolio. You will collaborate closely with all our teams as well serve as an ambassador for the company to business contacts. The ideal candidate would have 4-8 years’ experience with a minimum of one-year local industry experience. Experience with all Microsoft applications essential whereas InDesign, CAD, and/or Revit would be valued.
- Coordination of consultants, marketing and sales teams, trades and construction teams.
- Managing consultants and working with estimators to design, value engineer, and execute budget and schedule.
- Reviewing, providing input on, and approving drawings and specifications.
- Working with construction team and consultants to prepare tender packages.
- Working with marketing, architectural, and development teams on interior details, sanitation plans, detailing, and procurement.
- Creating packages for review by Ownership, potential partners, municipal officials, politicians, and design teams.
- Review, inspect, provide input on, and approve materials, colour selection, visual mock-ups, renderings, and plans (including suite layouts).
- Administering, coordinating, and managing permit, site plan, and zoning by-law amendment applications.
- Building, monitoring, and adjusting deliverable and work schedules according to project performance and objectives.
- Participation in and support for the processing of various municipal Planning and Buildings/permit applications.
- Interested in building more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful cities.
- Passionate about urbanism, urban affairs, and city-building.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- High energy, with an upbeat attitude and capacity for working flexible hours.
- Ability to contribute to and mesh with a start-up style, tight-knit company culture, to work with grace under pressure, and to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in and general understanding of all phases of the real estate development process, including acquisitions and due diligence, design development, leasing/sales, construction, and property/asset management.
- Knowledge of the City of Toronto zoning, site plan, and building permit approvals processes.
- General knowledge of the construction process from tender through to contract administration and commissioning.