Exhibition Host - Vancouver
Westbank is currently looking to fill full-time and part-time roles for a temporal, multi-media art and architecture exhibition in Vancouver.
Candidates must be available from September 21st, 2018 to summer 2019 (with possibility to extend) and be flexible in availability for working hours to accommodate special events and exhibition hours, including weekends.
- Greeting guests and assuring they are provided with an exceptional exhibition experience and / or event
- Answering questions and engaging in dialogue around the art pieces from a relevant and informed perspective
- Assisting with interactive photography & lead group tours
- Supporting gallery operations & team communication
- Special event staff support
- Maintain highly presentable appearance & brand standards at all times
- Collaborate with company & leadership to facilitate coordination and execution as directed
The ideal candidate has a background in arts & culture, architecture, industrial design, fashion or relative experience within a creative industry; a strong passion for art; and above all else is energetic, engaging, articulate & welcoming. Customer service, service industry experience & second language (especially Mandarin) are highly desired assets.
We are seeking considerate and articulate individuals who are demonstrated self-starters, with a sharp mind for organization and problem solving, and the natural inclination to proactively engage in every facet of the overall experience and beyond. Every role within this team carries an expectation of ownership and involvement–a genuine care and attention to detail to uphold high brand standards, a natural intuition for seeking solutions and ideas, and the belief that your contributions here will impact the success of the entire exhibition.