Global Head of PR & Media Engagement, Oakridge Vancouver
Westbank is a practice dedicated to the creation of beauty, in all forms and in the broadest definition. As we have grown, the category of a real estate developer has become too narrow to contain the essence of our practice. We are not motivated by the same things as a typical developer, our values are different: we invite collaborations with cultural pioneers, allowing their work to inform and influence our projects. We develop relationships with creatives so that we function as patrons of their art, rather than consumers of creative services. We embrace our eclectic nature, seeking out willing collaborators in art, culture, music, fashion, technology, sustainability, and architecture, while taking on projects at every scale, from the micro to the macro level.
We are and have always been, a practice seeking to make meaningful contributions and we see the creation of beauty as the means to this end. Through these endeavors, we have come to realize that too often, beauty is mistaken as a luxury, an option or an accessory, when we have never seen it as anything less than essential. Recognizing this, we have taken it upon ourselves to fight for it; to create it, to foster it and to celebrate it. In committing our efforts fully to this cause, we have evolved beyond the definition of a real estate development firm, to become a culture company.
Global Head of PR & Media Engagement
Reporting to the Westbank Executive Team, the Oakridge Global Head of PR & Media Engagement will be the face of the Oakridge Vancouver brand, and responsible for the development of a worldwide global PR & Media Strategy for Oakridge Vancouver, and implementing it across all markets, as well as evaluating results and new approaches.
We are seeking an articulate, driven, and highly motivated individual, a demonstrated self-starter with a sharp mind for organization and problem solving, and the natural inclination to proactively engage in all facets of experience in every interaction. Every role at Westbank carries an expectation of ownership and involvement--a genuine care to uphold brand standards and a natural inclination for seeking solutions and ideas.
- ROI analysis through various data platforms such as DMR and fashion gps.
- Special project coordination (such as the promotion of capsule or limitededition collections).
- Liaise with project design team (architect / interior designer) PR teams for special PR/Media engagement opportunities to leverage.
- Social posting & digital related to PR & media coverage, opportunities.
- Be the on-camera face/voice of Oakridge Vancouver in all media /interview requests to respond on behalf of the project / partnership.
- Liaise with executive marketing team for digital strategy and implementation, cross- functionality when required for campaign driven initiatives.
- Craft / develop press releases & media advisories.
- Attendance/travel at international press days.
- Develop a team of collaborators and suppliers to support initiatives with executive Marketing team.
- Team Management (Product Press Office Staff and suppliers / collaborators).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with community organizations and stakeholders.
- Partner with appropriate businesses and community groups.
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior Management role or higher managing various categories among fashion, art, architecture or design related industry in Communications, Marketing, or Business capacity. Portfolio of body of work, impact and influence is required.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Mandarin required, fluency in a third language would be a benefit.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across internal and external environments.
- Previous demonstrable experience in being able to lead and manage teams, projects and budget.
- Hands-on approach and willingness to help out other team members when required.
- Exceptionally well organized and efficient.
- Previous experience at a global level would be an asset.
- Strong network of social, print and broadcasting contacts across fashion, design, art, architecture or design focused publications.
- Strong established online presence (portfolio & showcase required).
- High proficiency in posting social & digital platforms.
- Confidence and ability to communicate on-camera.
- Photography / eye for design details required.
- Solid computer skills: Outlook/Calendar, Powerpoint/Keynote, Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a desired asset.
- Capacity to respond quickly and generate coverage and new ideas at a rapid pace.
- Reliable with an ability to adapt to constantly developing circumstances.
- Ability to travel internationally consistently to build brand awareness, establish rapport with key collaborators, partners and potential prospective partners, media events.
- Understand the specifics of a luxury retail environment, or more generally of a high-end consumer facing industry.
Interested applicants should submit an introduction letter summarizing how your skills, experience and passion, and how this would be applied to this new position. The application package should also contain a visual brief / presentation, which includes a portfolio (body of work/campaigns/role) highlighting the impact and influence the applicant has had on the brands / businesses they have been a representative/leader at.
About Oakridge Vancouver
Influential, innovative and progressive, Oakridge Vancouver will serve as a global example for world-class architecture, design, transit-oriented transportation and mixed-use urban development.
A top-performing asset in a global city, QuadReal and Westbank share an ambition to transform this already successful centre (Oakridge Centre) into a cultural hub and a new municipal town centre for the City of Vancouver.
Oakridge Vancouver will comprise 2600 homes for 6000 residents, half a million sf of office for 3000 creative economy workers, over a million sf of retail, including a 50,000 sf ‘Kitchen’ within a 100,000 sf of curated culinary experiences, a 10-acre park, a +3000 capacity music venue, a world-class performing arts academy and dozens of informal performance spaces around the site for events, festivals, and celebrations – all powered by a neighbourhood district energy system.
Our journey to create what will become nothing less than the evolution of the conventional post-war typology, towards a modern, transit-oriented, district energy fueled, mixed-use piece of urbanity is beginning now. We invite you to join us.
The redevelopment of Oakridge is a joint venture between QuadReal and Westbank, two of Canada’s leading real estate enterprises.