Human Resource Generalist
Icon West is the construction arm of Westbank, a real estate development company specializing in a combination of mixed use and single use residential, retail, hotels, and office buildings in Canada. Icon’s growth now demands the devoted attention of a Human Resource Generalist as its various HR functions have previously been administered by a mix of the management group and administrative staff. This newly formed position requires an independent thinker, capable of performing a variety of responsibilities and initiatives while adapting these initiatives to operate within the demands of the construction industry and its results oriented environment.
Reporting to the management group of both Icon West and Westbank, the ideal candidate will have a wide range of administrative, and initiative based developments, including:
- Coordinating all new hiring, including ad placements, initial application reviews, and first interviews
- Assist in development implementation and consistent application of HR policies, as directed by Management
- Work with existing management and safety programs to ensure WorkSafe BC reporting and employee training compliance
- Coordinate annual performance and salary reviews with supervisors
- Administer various payroll related functions, including extended health benefits, employee hirings, and terminations, professional development
- Developing and maintaining an HR employee database
- Create, plan, and implement social events and drive social committees to further promote employee engagement
- Maintaining updates to all employee files, as required
- Guide and advise management on local legislation compliance
- Assist with investigations and appropriate application of progressive discipline as and when needed with assistance and approval from both management groups
The successful candidate will be expected to regularly travel between various offices and construction sites. The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with a comfortable understanding of the above-noted facets of the industry environment. Compensation is dependent upon previous experience.
Compensation is dependent upon previous experience.