Office Manager/ Receptionist
Westbank is Canada's leading real estate developer with a focus on large-scale, mixed-use projects. We are a practice dedicated to artistry, sustainability and city-building. Our body of work includes Fairmont Pacific Rim, Shangri-La Vancouver, Shangri-La Toronto, Woodward's, Vancouver House and TELUS Garden.
With offices in Vancouver, Toronto and Seattle we are growing fast and looking for the right person to join our team and start a career. The position will be the manager of the office, responsible for organizing our team and office space and supervising a second receptionist. You will collaborate closely with all our teams, as well serve as an ambassador for the company and the first point of contact for all guests to head office. In this role you will have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders and participate in our newest developments, campaigns, partnerships and events. We are seeking an articulate, driven, and highly motivated individual, a demonstrated self-starter with a mind for organization and problem solving, and the natural inclination to proactively engage and take initiative.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent time-management and an ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Address opportunities and challenges with initiative and creativity
- A team player committed to supporting colleagues and pitching in where needed
- Resourceful and organized, with great attention to detail.
- Proven dedication and relentless perseverance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Confidence and ability to "think on your feet" to handle a variety of social situations
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- A natural inclination to learn and a determination to grow beyond your current capabilities
- Experience, knowledge or background in real estate, development or construction industries is an asset but not required
- Proven experience in an office environment, or in an EA, administrative or support role
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the entire office, ensuring that things run smoothly, departments are coordinated and communicating administrative and office information to the entire team
- Supervising and assisting the receptionist of our construction arm, ICON
- Answering and screening telephone calls
- Interfacing and greeting all visitors to the office in a professional, courteous manner
- Managing all incoming/outgoing correspondence, including couriers, mail, fax and package distribution
- Photocopier, phone, Outlook and office equipment maintenance, updates and troubleshooting
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies, updating office supply accounts
- Boardroom, AV bookings, scheduling, and meeting preparation
- Maintaining a well-stocked, clean, organized, office environment (including kitchen)
- Assisting with data-entry, filing, accounting and administrative duties as necessary
- Updating WB internal contacts and conference call lists
- Scheduling various customer service appointments and assisting with event coordination
- Assisting with travel arrangements, cell phone packages, scheduling and agendas
- Other administrative duties and general office help as needed
This position provides a rare opportunity to enter the real estate industry with the potential for career growth. You will meet and work with a variety of top consultants, experts, public figures, entrepreneurs and team members who are among the best in their industry. The relationships formed and knowledge gained will be invaluable, providing a strong foundation which can continue to be built upon over time.
This is a full-time position. Office hours are 8:15am to 5pm Monday to Friday.