Project / Administrative Assistant
Westbank is a practice dedicated to the creation of beauty, in all forms and in the broadest definition. As we have grown, the category of a real estate developer has become too narrow to contain the essence of our practice. We are not motivated by the same things as a typical developer, our values are different: we invite collaborations with cultural pioneers, allowing their work to inform and influence our projects. We develop relationships with creatives so that we function as patrons of their art, rather than consumers of creative services. We embrace our eclectic nature, seeking out willing collaborators in art, culture, music, fashion, technology, sustainability, and architecture, while taking on projects at every scale, from the micro to the macro level.
We are and have always been, a practice seeking to make meaningful contributions and we see the creation of beauty as the means to this end. Through these endeavors, we have come to realize that too often, beauty is mistaken as a luxury, an option or an accessory, when we have never seen it as anything less than essential. Recognizing this, we have taken it upon ourselves to fight for it; to create it, to foster it and to celebrate it. In committing our efforts fully to this cause, we have evolved beyond the definition of a real estate development firm, to become a culture company.
We are seeking a considerate and articulate individual, who is a demonstrated self-starter, with a sharp mind for organization and problem solving, and the natural inclination to proactively engage in every facet of the overall experience and beyond. Every role at Westbank carries an expectation of ownership and involvement--a genuine care and attention to detail to uphold high brand standards, a natural intuition for seeking solutions and ideas, and the belief that your contributions here are will form your life’s best work.
Overview of Opportunity
We have an exciting opening for a bright, motivated team player to join our growing practice as an administrative assistant within our dynamic development group. You will have the rare opportunity to find out firsthand about our newest developments, campaigns, partnerships and events. The position will collaborate closely with all our teams and senior management and allow an inside look at the potential for career growth.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced environment, showing initiative and creativity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to proactively address potential issues and to work independently with little supervision.
- Resourceful, proactive, organized and attention to detail. Collaborative working style and team-player attitude.
- Proven dedication and relentless perseverance.
- Excellent professional writing and correspondence drafting and editing. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must (samples required).
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, and various graphics and media software and technologies.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred; minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Keep updated about the project development and perform necessary communication to follow up on deadlines and changes in project schedules.
- Prepare contract agreements, purchase orders, project reports and presentations etc.
- Keep liaison with vendors, brokers, consultants, media and other stakeholders etc.
- Book appointments, calls and meetings to maintain schedule. Set up agendas and communicate meeting schedules and provide updates and attend to changes as required.
- Prepare and confirm travel arrangements for out-of-town trips including all flight bookings, meetings, appointments, accommodation reservations, directions, and materials.
- Maintain, update, and relay accurate contact information and database for all contacts, consultants and acquaintances.
- Arrange and accompany to meetings as necessary to take minutes, notes, follow up on action items, and execute various tasks.
- Gather, update monthly, and maintain project summary information binders as required for agreements, project proformas and other pertinent information.
- Organize, structure, and file all correspondence, proformas, working files, project files, marketing material and archives and obtain as necessary.
- Draft, edit, format, proof-read, revise, and type correspondence, letters, memos, and other documentation as necessary.
- Sort, delegate and follow up on various tasks which are to be executed by other internal or external team members.
- Preparation of spreadsheets, displays, and other audio-visual exhibit materials to enhance meetings and presentations.
- General secretarial and administrative duties.