Receptionist / Office Manager
Westbank is Canada's leading real estate developer with a focus on large, mixed-use projects. We are a practice dedicated to city building and the creation of iconic buildings such as Fairmont Pacific Rim, Shangri-La Vancouver, Shangri-La Toronto, Woodward's, Vancouver House and TELUS Garden.
We have an exciting opening for an energetic, motivated team player to join our growing practice and start a career. You will have the rare opportunity to find out firsthand about our newest developments, campaigns, partnerships and events. The position will be the coordinator of the office and you will collaborate closely with all our teams as well as be an ambassador of the company to business contacts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced environment, showing initiative and creativity.
- A team player committed to supporting colleagues and pitching in where needed
- Resourceful and organized, with great attention to detail.
- Proven dedication and relentless perseverance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Confidence and ability to "think on your feet" to handle a variety of social situations
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Answering and screening all telephone calls at the main switchboard
- Interfacing and greeting all visitors to the office in a professional, courteous manner
- Handling courier pickups, deliveries and drop offs
- Mail and fax distribution, packages at reception
- Stamping all incoming correspondence and packages
- Photocopier, phone, Outlook, fax and office equipment maintenance, updates and troubleshooting
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Managing and updating office supply accounts
- Boardroom, AV bookings, scheduling, and meeting preparation
- Maintaining a well-stocked, clean, organized, office and kitchen
- Assisting with data-entry, filing, accounting and administrative duties as necessary
- Updating WB internal contacts and conference call lists
- Assisting the construction and development departments
- Scheduling various Customer Service appointments and event coordination
- Maintaining an orderly, productive, professional office environment
- Assisting with travel arrangements, cell phone packages, scheduling, administration and agendas for various team members
- Other administrative duties and general office help as needed
This position provides a rare opportunity to enter the real estate industry and allows an inside look at the potential for career growth. You will meet and work with a variety of top consultants, experts, public figures, entrepreneurs and team members who are the best in their industry. The relationships formed and knowledge gained will be invaluable, providing a strong foundation which can continue to be built upon over time.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.