Careers • Seattle • Construction
For 30 years, Westbank has been devoted to developing a combination of mixed use and single use residential, retail, hotels, and office buildings in North America. Westbank has strived to develop and maintain sustainable developments that reflect the heritage and cultural diversity of the surrounding community, while integrating ecologically friendly low carbon community energy systems. Westbank is family owned, headquartered in Vancouver and has experienced unprecedented growth, planning developments in various cities in North America and abroad.
Westbank is seeking a Construction Manager to be responsible for various high profile multi- use tower projects located in the United States. The projects will be in various phases, including pre-development, construction and property management. Reporting directly to the Development Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of development related functions, including:
Review and Coordinate Owner Tasks in support of construction, specific to:__
- Support for review of contractor recommendations
- Support for review of Contractor Change Orders
- Support process for response to Contractor’s Priority List
- Support process for resolution to potential construction impacts.
- Attend project Owner/Architect/Contractor team meetings during the Construction Phase.
- Establish Quality Control plan for construction review by Owner in preparation for unit leasing and/or tenant turnover.
- Review on-going construction activities in support of the Quality Control program.
- Oversee Contractor generated documentation with Design team for tracking response.
- Coordinate multiple projects under construction at any one time.
Candidate must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in the real estate construction industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever- changing environment
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience in high rise construction
- Experience in real estate development
This position continues to evolve as the Company expands and adapts to a changing environment. It is therefore subject to ongoing change and demands someone that is willing to adapt to these changing demands.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.