Careers • San Jose • Construction
Established 30 years ago, Westbank is private real estate development practice, headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. We are dedicated to the creation of inspiring, mixed-use projects, concentrating primarily in our core cities of focus: Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle, Tokyo and San Jose. Our body of work includes residential, hotels, retail, creative workspace, district energy, net zero carbon initiatives, affordable housing, exhibitions and public art, with over $50B of projects completed or under development. As our practice has evolved, we have assembled a collection of cultural enterprises including restaurants, gyms, spas, music venues, private members clubs, fashion, dance schools and food halls, known as the Westbank Ecosystem, which we weave throughout our projects. We bring this ecosystem to life through collaborations with some of the most talented artists, architects, designers and entrepreneurs in the world.
As we have evolved, we have taken on initiatives of greater ambition, in our cities of focus. We are always looking for talented, passionate and committed individuals to join our growing team. It’s our work together that makes it all possible.
Westbank is seeking a Construction Manager to be responsible for various high profile multi- use tower projects located in the United States. The projects will be in various phases, including pre-development, construction and property management. Reporting directly to the Development Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of development related functions, including:
Review and Coordinate Owner Tasks in support of construction, specific to:__
- Support for review of contractor recommendations
- Support for review of Contractor Change Orders
- Support process for response to Contractor’s Priority List
- Support process for resolution to potential construction impacts.
- Attend project Owner/Architect/Contractor team meetings during the Construction Phase.
- Establish Quality Control plan for construction review by Owner in preparation for unit leasing and/or tenant turnover.
- Review on-going construction activities in support of the Quality Control program.
- Oversee Contractor generated documentation with Design team for tracking response.
- Coordinate multiple projects under construction at any one time.
Candidate must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in the real estate construction industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever- changing environment
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience in high rise construction
- Experience in real estate development
This position continues to evolve as the Company expands and adapts to a changing environment. It is therefore subject to ongoing change and demands someone that is willing to adapt to these changing demands.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.