Careers • Toronto • Development
To be successful in this position you are an energetic, motivated team player with a desire to constantly challenge convention. You will take on the vast array of arts, design, and culture focused projects aimed at bringing our developments through to completion. You will work with our development team. You will collaborate closely with all our team as well serve as an ambassador for the company to business contacts.
- Coordination of consultants, marketing and sales teams, trades and construction teams.
- Managing consultants and working with estimators to design, value engineer, and execute budget and schedule.
- Reviewing, providing input on, and approving drawings and specifications.
- Working with construction team and consultants to prepare tender packages.
- Negotiating with consultants and various trade contracts, preparation of supplementary conditions and schedules.
- Working with marketing, architectural, and development teams on interior details, plans sanitations, detailing, and procurement.
- Graphic design, including creating and managing packages and engaging consultants to create packages for review by Ownership, potential partners, municipal officials, politicians, and design teams.
- Review, inspect, provide input on, and approve materials, colour selection, visual mock-ups, renderings, and plans (including suite layouts).
- Administering, coordinating, and managing permit, site plan, and zoning by-law amendment applications.
- Building, monitoring, and adjusting deliverable and work schedules according to project performance and objectives.
- Participation in and support for the processing of various municipal Planning and Buildings/permit applications.
- Other related or ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Interested in building more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful cities.
- Passionate about urbanism, urban affairs, and city-building.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Eye for graphic, architectural, and interior design.
- High energy, with an upbeat attitude and capacity for working flexible hours.
- Ability to contribute to and mesh with a start-up style, tight-knit company culture, to work with grace under pressure, and to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in and general understanding of all phases of the real estate development process, including acquisitions and due diligence, design development, leasing/sales, construction, and property/asset management.
- General knowledge of the construction process from tender through to contract administration and commissioning.
- Highly proficient in PDF management/editing software (i.e. Adobe DC or Bluebeam).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in InDesign.
- Comfortable in Excel.
- CAD and/or Revit experience an asset.
- High proficiency in organizational and time management.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org