Careers • San Jose • Development
Position: Real Estate Development Manager
For 30 years, Westbank has been devoted to developing a combination of mixed use and single use residential, retail, hotels, and office buildings in North America. Westbank has strived to develop and maintain sustainable developments that reflect the heritage and cultural diversity of the surrounding community, while integrating ecologically friendly low carbon community energy systems. Westbank is family owned, headquartered in Vancouver and has experienced unprecedented growth, planning developments in various cities in North America and abroad.
Westbank is seeking a Real Estate Development Manager to be responsible for various high profile multi- use tower projects located in the United States. The projects will be in various phases, including pre-development, construction and property management. Reporting directly to the Development Principal, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of development related functions, including:
- Manage Westbank Initiatives pertaining to elements over multiple projects.
- Manage the design and document process with consultants as representative of the Owner/Developer.
- Manage Site development approval process with local jurisdiction.
- Manage Project Budget and work with Westbank Finance Team on tracking.
- Manage agreements with development partners and lenders.
- Attend project consultant team meetings.
- Manage project schedule.
- Provide input to the consultants in the development of documents specific to Westbank initiatives.
- Manage contracts with consultants.
- Manage Utility and Telecommunication service to the site.
- Manage multiple projects at any one time
- Provide input and assistance from the operational perspective on properties under development.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, regular attendance and performing all tasks in a professional manner
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Candidate must possess:
- A degree in architecture, engineering, other real estate related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in the real estate industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever- changing environment
Desirable attributes include:
- Direct experience in real estate project development or construction
This position continues to evolve as the Company expands and adapts to a changing environment. It is therefore subject to ongoing change and demands someone that is willing to adapt to these changing demands.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.