Careers • Vancouver •
Westbank is looking for an Executive Assistant. Reporting to the CEO and CFO, the EA will be working closely with other stakeholders within the Westbank umbrella of companies such as Fairmont Pacific Rim, Shangri La Hotels Vancouver and Toronto, House Concepts, Goh Ballet and Siegel Entertainment. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; setting up telephone and video conference calls with multiple people in different time zones; completing expense reports; and arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Assist with various projects and a variety of reports and presentations.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including managing the CEO’s email correspondence and respond on behalf of the CEO when needed which are sometimes confidential, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks and will be able to work independently. This person must be very well organized and have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible and agile, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs with office organization and administrative tasks.
- Overseeing the 5th floor by keeping it tidy, keeping track of supplies and replenish when needed, turning on the lights, calling building ops when they see something that needs fixing, etc.
- Own the day to day workflow and work with the team to prioritize and gain a comprehensive understanding of needs.
- Run personal and company errands.
- Assist with planning corporate events such as the company holiday party and office events.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting at a senior management /executive level.
- Education and/or background in Business, Real Estate, Marketing, Finance or Management.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, and external partners.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Willing to go above and beyond.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org