Careers • Seattle • Accounting
Residential Property Management – Accounting Assistant
For 30 years, Westbank has been devoted to developing a combination of mixed use and single use residential, retail, hotels, and office buildings in North America. Westbank has strived to develop and maintain sustainable developments that reflect the heritage and cultural diversity of the surrounding community, while integrating ecologically friendly low carbon community energy systems. Westbank is family owned, headquartered in Vancouver and has experienced unprecedented growth, planning developments in various cities in North America and abroad.
Westbank is seeking an Accounting Assistant who will work with the Seattle team to provide support for residential property management accounting for the US residential rental portfolio. Westbank expects our residential rental portfolio to increase rapidly over the next five years as we complete construction of several residential rental towers in Seattle. As a result, we are seeking a candidate that will be able to adapt to continuing change and process improvements to reflect the increased importance of the residential rental operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for receivable and payable functions, including:
- Prepare and maintain monthly accounts receivable duties, including set up of monthly pre-authorized payment, deposit and record receipts, and issue refund of security deposit according to the residential tenancy rules.
- Review residential lease contract and manage move in/move out accounting process
- Send out invoices and collection follow up with building manager, as needed
- Verify invoice accuracy, coding invoices, obtaining approvals, and entering into accounting system
- Check processing and wire transfer payments
- Responsible for accurate and timely vendor payments
- Follow-up with consultants/vendor for inquiries or discrepancies
- Process corporate invoices and expense reports
- Year end 1099 preparation
Technical and Other Support
- Working knowledge of local rental laws and rules
- Work closely with property management team to coordinate tenant related accounting tasks
- Perform other accounting or administrative tasks as needed
- Ability to function in a multi-currency and multi-entity environment
- Administrative duties including photocopying, filing, preparing, organizing and maintaining accounting/contract records
Candidate should possess at a minimum:
- An Associate Arts accounting degree with a minimum of 1 year of work experience directly related to residential property management in a multi-entity environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience using the Yardi Voyager accounting system
This position continues to evolve as the Company expands and adapts to a changing environment. It is therefore subject to ongoing change and demands someone that is willing to adapt to these changing demands.
Compensation is dependent upon experience.