Careers • Vancouver • Accounting
Residential Rental Accountant
For 25 years, Westbank has been devoted to developing a combination of mixed use and single use residential, retail, hotels, and office buildings in North America. Westbank has strived to develop and maintain sustainable developments that reflect the heritage and cultural diversity of the surrounding community, while integrating ecologically friendly low carbon community energy systems. Westbank is family owned, headquartered in Vancouver and has experienced unprecedented growth, planning developments in various cities in North America and abroad.
Westbank is seeking an energetic self starter to perform the accounting requirements primarily within our residential rental portfolio as well as a secondary requirement within our commercial rental portfolio. The candidate should be capable in efficiently processing the monthly tenant portfolio, managing cash flow requirements, annual budgets and periodic projections and preparing monthly financial statements for review by management.
Westbank expects our residential rental portfolio to increase rapidly over the next five years as we complete construction of a number of residential rental towers in Vancouver and Toronto. As a result, we are seeking a candidate that will be able to adapt to continuing change and improvements to our Yardi Voyager accounting system to reflect the increased importance of the residential rental operations.
- Property Management Accounting
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements, supporting working papers and all ongoing activities (receipts, disbursements) for a portfolio of residential rental buildings
- Manage cash flow requirements, projecting monthly cash balances, receipts and disbursements
- Assist property managers in preparation of annual budgets
- Provide monthly budget to actual variance analysis
- Understand commercial property management accounting and differences between the accounting for a residential and commercial property
- Policies and Procedures
- Evaluate existing systems and procedures, providing recommendations for improvement
- Work with property managers and supervisors to assist in implementing recommended changes to policies and procedures
- Technical Support and Other
- Work closely with property managers to maintain an accurate, efficient accounting presentation of the operational activities
- Administrative duties including photocopying, filing, preparing, organizing and maintaining accounting/contract records
- Experience in real estate property management accounting, primarily in residential rental, with a secondary knowledge of commercial/retail property management accounting
- CPA designation is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis
- Analytical thinker and ability to readily grasp new concepts and adapt to a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience using Yardi Voyager accounting system
This position continues to evolve as the Company expands and adapts to a changing environment. It is therefore subject to ongoing change and demands someone that is willing to adapt to these changing demands.
The successful candidate will have increasing accounting experience and
responsibility and a comfortable understanding of the above noted facets of the
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org