Careers • Vancouver • Accounting
Tax Compliance Specialist
Westbank has a wide variety of entities, including limited companies, partnerships, joint ventures and trusts to operate its real estate development, property management, art, music, restaurant, and entertainment activities. Our constantly growing tax compliance obligations require the help of a full-time Tax Compliance Specialist to join our in-house tax team.
__Some of the responsibilities and activities you will assist with while working with the in-house tax department and external tax advisors are: __
• Prepare and/or review the group’s 300+ Canadian and US income tax and partnership returns;
• Prepare, update or review tax working papers and calculations (e.g. ACB, at-risk amount, CDA, capital gain, safe income, FAPI) for corporate, real estate and investment structures;
• Prepare other tax filings as required including foreign reporting and country-by-country reporting;
• Prepare year-end consolidated tax provisions for the annual audit;
• Assist with dissolutions and windups of inactive entities as necessary;
• Assist with tax planning for the corporate group and family office and documenting research and analysis on various tax issues, including federal and provincial income and other taxes (e.g., GST/HST, PST, property transfer tax, COVID incentives);
• Resolve CRA audits, and respond to government inquiries; and
• Respond to ad hoc requests from operating divisions.
The successful candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years’ experience in Canadian tax with US tax experience being an asset but not a requirement;
• Accounting designation;
• Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to multiple demands, set priorities and achieve results on a timely basis;
• Experience with Tax Prep and Tax Prep Forms would be beneficial by not required;
• Advanced computer skills as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite; and
• Ability to work independently.
Strong consideration will be made for candidates that possess experience in real estate property management and property development accounting.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org